United States. Air Force
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
This collection relates to Mark C. Bane Jr. who joined the National Guard in May 1941. He later volunteered for the 501st Parachute Battalion and was sent to Montgomery, Alabama to train at the Maxwell Air Force Base. While at Maxwell Air Force Base, he trained British cadets under the Arnold Plan. In late 1945, Bane traveled overseas with General Douglas MacArthur. The collection consists of an oral history transcript.
The collection of Clarke M. Brandt contains an oral history transcript and various publications about army life during World War II. In it are examples such as George (Bob) Caron who was a tail gunner on the "Enola Gay" B-29 Bomber. The oral history includes Caron's eyewitness account of the bomb being dropped on Hiroshima. Also included are pamphlets and newsletters including "War Buddies," which covers the relationship between a soldier and his canine companion through his years as a member of the US Marine Corps. "War Buddies" is written by Earle Welch and Dick Roberts.
32 page interview covering John E. Schmidt's life from birth and early childhood to his military career and life on base in the Panama Canal Zone. The vast majority of the interview concerns life in the Canal Zone from leisure activities to medical matters.
This collection centers around a Brigadier General in the U.S. Air Force. It includes items related to his time in the military and his personal life before and after retirement. It includes personal letters, special orders, magazines, books, newspapers and clippings, event brochures, pamphlets, education records, personnel files, flight logs, photographs, VHS Tapes, cassette tapes, and flags spanning from the 1930s until the early 2000s.
- United States. Army Air Forces--Military life 3
- Air pilots, Military--United States 2
- Japan--History--Allied occupation, 1945-1952 2
- Sexism 2
- United States. Army--Military life 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Great Britain 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Japan 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Women 2
- Aerial photographs 1
- Air defenses--United States 1
- Airplanes, Military--United States--History 1
- Atomic bomb--Japan--History--20th century 1
- Awards 1
- B-17 bomber 1
- B-29 (Bomber) 1
- Bad Kissingen (Germany) 1
- Basic training (Military education) 1 ∧ less