Notes By The Way - Journal of a New York State Monument Manufacturer on a trip to Florida
Scope and Contents
14 page journal written by unknown man who was a New York State monument manufacturer. It contains many vivid descriptions of his travels, centered around Jacksonville and on the St. Johns River. He describes visits to plantations, fishing and hunting trips and gives a good description of Florida at the time.
- Other: Date acquired: 02/18/1958
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
1.00 folders (1 folder.)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Purchased from R. E. Banta, ordered February 18, 1958.
Processed February 19, 1964.
- Diaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jacksonville (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plantations--Florida Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plantations--Southern States Subject Source: Local sources
- Saint Johns River (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Notes By The Way - Journal of a New York State Monument Manufacturer on a trip to Florida
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note