Henry Oxdel letter
Scope and Contents
This item is a holograph letter of Henry Oxdel, of St. Augustine, Florida, to Hugh White, Esq., of Cohores, Albany County, New York. The letter indicates that Oxdel was handling Florida real estate matters for White, and that they might have been old friends. Oxdel informs White of a shortage of orange seeds and asked, "Can you contrive to send me all your spare orange seeds. There is quite a race & rage to get orange seeds here..." Names mentioned in the letter were, G. L. Phillips, Esq., P. S. Smith, Esq. "who is considered here the best counsellor in such matters," and T. Brown.
- Other: Majority of material found in January 1, 1839
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
1.00 items (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Symmachus Trading Co.
Processed June 3, 1964.
- Citrus fruit industry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Real estate development--Florida--History. Subject Source: Local sources
- Henry Oxdel letter
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US