Ordinance of Secession for the State of Florida
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of Ordinance of Secession of the State of Florida, Tallahassee, Leon County, Florida, "Done in open convention, January 10th, A.D. 1861." The document is quite legible and bears the signatures of the sixty-nine delegates.
Also known as MSS 0-197.
- Other: Majority of material found in January 10, 1861
- Other: Date acquired: 05/08/1959
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Remington Rand
Method of Acquisition
Presented by Mr. V. E. Streety of the Tallahassee office of the company.
Processed May 1965.
- Confederate States of America
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida--Politics and government--1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photocopying. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Secession--Florida. Subject Source: Local sources
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ordinance of Secession for the State of Florida
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description