James R. Hancock transcript
Scope and Contents
This transcript contains an oral history interview of James R. Hancock who served in the U.S. Navy aboard the U.S.S.Franklin aircraft carrier during World War II in the Pacific Theater.
- Created: 1944-1945
- Other: Date acquired: 03/20/2012
- Other: Date accessioned: 2017-05-03
- Hancock, James R. (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
Source of Acquisition
James R. Hancock
- Aircraft carriers--Pacific Area--History--20th century Subject Source: Local sources
- Franklin (Aircraft carrier)
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Peleliu, Battle of, Palau, 1944 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Japan Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Northern Mariana Islands--Tinian Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1939-1945--Pacific Ocean--Naval operations, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- James R. Hancock transcript
- Michael G. Kasper
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description