Adeline Wilkes Collection of Dr. Doris Clack Research Materials
Research materials and correspondence used by FSU faculty member Adeline W. WIlkes in writing biographical materials about Dr. Doris Clack.
- Created: 1975-1997
- Other: Majority of material found in 1995-1997
- Other: Date acquired: 02/14/2014
- Wilkes, Adeline (Person)
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Dr. Doris Hagrett Clack (1928-1995) was born and raised in Wakulla, FL. Educated in the Wakulla County public schools founded for African-American youth by her father, Clack went on to receive a BA degree from Florida A&M University, and an MLS degree from the University of Pittsburgh.
Her was primarily employed at Florida State University, where she was a Library School faculty member for 23 years. She obtained the rank of full professor, awarded the title of Profesor Emerita, and was honored as the Teacher of the Year.
Note adapted from Dr. Doris Hargrett Clack's obituary
0.80 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Mary A. Wilkes
Method of Acquisition
- Clack, Doris
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Library schools--Florida Subject Source: Local sources
- Teachers--Florida Subject Source: Local sources
- Adeline Wilkes Collection of Dr. Doris Clack Research Materials
- Burt Altman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note