St. Augustine, Florida Records
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, reports, scrapbooks, clippings, record books, blueprints, contracts, and related materials. This collection consists of a variety of records of St. Augustine, Florida. There is correspondence of city officials of St. Augustine, including memoranda, minutes, a letterpressbook and related materials. Audit reports to St. Augustine cover examination of the accounts of the city, done by various accounting firms by the city auditor. The collection also contains public relations scrapbooks, containing newspaper clippings about the city, legal notices, and other materials.
Other materials in the collection cover a range of subjects, including: festivals, Anastasia Lighthouse Reservation, United States Coast Guard letters, vehicle registrations, the Works Progress Administration with both Florida and Federal correspondence, St. Augustine's financial condition, general ordinances of the city, public improvements, subdivisions, reclamation of marsh lands along Sanchez Creek and the San Sebastian River, taxation, real estate, waterworks, Fort Lauderdale auditors report, and charters for the cities of St. Augustine and Ormond.
- Created: 1883-1959
- Other: Majority of material found in 1930-1940
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
5.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Duke Kintz
Processed July 1979
- Audit reports Subject Source: Local sources
- Business correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Municipal government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Saint Augustine (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- St. Augustine, Florida Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note