Kenneth M. Roberts collection
Scope and Contents
This collection related to Kenneth M. Roberts. The collection contains negatives of photographs from an officer who served in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers with the 42nd Engineer Construction Battalion. The photographs show scenes in Luzon, Philippines, of US Army housing, social life, and construction, as well as local agriculture and architecture. The collection contains a set of 68 negatives that document Kenneth M. Roberts' service in the Philippines in 1945.
- Other: Majority of material found within 1945
- Other: Date acquired: 09/25/2015
- Roberts, Kenneth M. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Kenneth M. Roberts was born in Sandy, Oregon, on January 9, 1920. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Oregon State College. From July 25, 1942 until April 3, 1946, he served in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in the 42nd Engineer Construction Battalion. He was stationed in both Alaska and the Philippines during the Aleutian Isalnd and the Luzon Campaigns, achieving the rank as captain. Mr. Roberts passed away on March 31, 2008.
Note written with information provided by Jolene Kennah, William E. Davis, Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center
Language of Materials
Contained in one box with locations "Manilla" or "Philippines" written on envelope.
This collection was donated by Kenneth M. Roberts. The collection was acquired on September 25, 2015.
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
- United States. Army
- United States. Army Ground Forces Subject Source: Lcnaf
- United States. Army--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army--History--World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army--Military life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers
- United States. Army. Engineer Construction Battalion. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Philippines Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kenneth M. Roberts collection
- Mallory McGovern
- June 7, 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description