Itinerant Ministry Journal and Ledger
Scope and Contents
Leatherbound notebook containing the manuscript diary and cash accounts ledger of an unnamed itinerant Baptist minister, active in the American Southeast. Diary entries describe visits to locations in Florida, including Crawfordville, Flat Creek, Sopchoppy, and Tallahassee; and in Alabama, including Decatur and Gadsen. Official activities described include delivering sermons on scripture and Biblical figures; officiating wedding ceremonies; and conducting Sunday school classes. Personal activities described include visits with congregation members, farming duties, and traveling among different congregations.
- Created: 1871, 1874
- Other: Date acquired: 12/08/2015
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast, or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Director of University Libraries. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Sacramento Public Library
Method of Acquisition
Deed of Gift
Entered December 9, 2015 by Rory Grennan.
- Diary Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial Records Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Preaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rural Clergy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Itinerant Ministry Journal and Ledger
- R. Grennan
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note