American Association of University Professors, Florida State University Chapter Records
Scope and Contents
The American Association of University Professor-FSU Chapter Records document the history of this organization that represented faculty and other higher education professionals at Florida State University. The collection contains activity files, agendas, committee files, correspondence, election materials, financial records, membership, minutes, newsletters, programs, and resolutions. Predominant topics include academic freedom; collective bargaining representation; faculty elections; merit; political activity; recruitment/retention; and salaries; and financial support of higher education in Florida. It is significant to researchers studying the early history of faculty representation and collective bargaining at Florida State University and at other higher education institutions in Florida.
- Created: 1950-1967
- Other: Date acquired: 11/00/1985
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
To request permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from the archives, please contact Heritage & University Archives, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, Florida. Researchers must obtain separate permission from the copyright holders of material held within University Archives collections for which the institution does not hold copyright.
0.80 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Received as a gift from the Dorothy L. Hoffman Estate, November 1985.
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Originally processed in 1986. Materials added and finding aid updated by Burt Altman in October 2007.
- American Association of University Professors
- Baum, Werner A.
- Christensen, David
- Collective bargaining. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Faculty Subject Source: Local sources
- Financial Records Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Newsletters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Professional Organizations Subject Source: Local sources
- Programs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- American Association of University Professors, Florida State University Chapter Records
- Burt Altman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US