Anvil Literary Society
Scope and Contents
The papers of the Anvil Literary Society include minutes and attendance lists of meetings, receipts, and handwritten essays.
- Created: 1915-1929
- Anvil Literary Society (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
To request permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from the archives, please contact Heritage & University Archives, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, Florida. Researchers must obtain separate permission from the copyright holders of material held within University Archives collections for which the institution does not hold copyright.
Biographical or Historical Information
The Anvil Literary Society was formed in 1915 at the Florida State College for Women (FSCW): "At the beginning of the college year a group of several girls desired to gain some knowledge of events outside of college studies, so they organized the Anvil to get further opportunity to develop literary taste. The aim and purpose of this organization is to promote literary efficiency and interest..." [ Anvil Literary Society (Charter), Special Collections, Robert Manning Strozier Library, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida.]
0.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Processed October 1992. Originally part of vertical files.
- Essays. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State College for Women
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Literary Organizations Subject Source: Local sources
- Meeting records. Subject Source: Local sources
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Student clubs and organizations Subject Source: Local sources
- Anvil Literary Society
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US