T. W. T. Curtis Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains letters, dated 1886, from T. W. T. Curtis of New Haven, Connecticut, to John S. Wycoff of Citra, Florida, concerning joint holdings in citrus groves in Florida. The correspondence is especially interesting from the point of view of grading, marketing and pricing as compared to methods employed by the citrus industry in 1963. Other letters are from D. L. Yulee of Washington, to Colonel E. I. Lutterloch in Florida, relative to transfer of land for construction of the Suwannee & Gulf Railroad. There is also a picture in this collection which offers a bird's eye view of Cedar Key, Florida.
- Other: Majority of material found in 1886
- Other: Date acquired: 11/17/1961
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
30.00 items (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Velma Shands Bonacker
No processing information indicated.
- Cedar Key (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Citrus fruit industry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Marion County (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Railroads Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- T. W. T. Curtis Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note