Diary of a Confederate Officer
Scope and Contents
Supposedly a diary of a Confederate officer, but careful examinations of the 118 finely handwritten and faded pages failed to reveal the name of the author or other information to confirm the claim.
- Created: 1864-1865
- Other: Date acquired: 04/29/1958
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
1.00 items (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Parke-Bernet
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed May 6, 1964.
- Confederate States of America
- Diaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers--Confederate States of America. Subject Source: Local sources
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diary of a Confederate Officer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US