Florida State University Vice Presidents Executive Group Minutes
Scope and Contents
Agendas, correspondence, memoranda, minutes, proposals documenting the discussions of the Florida State University (FSU) Vice Presidents Executive Group, an executive-level body that largely comprised the University Vice Presidents. Topics include campus tours, legislative appropriations to FSU, a proposal for a Center for Educational Policy Studies in Florida, and visits to the Seminole Indian Reservation in Hollywood, FL. Coverage is from May 28, 1974 - August 6, 1975.
Related materials documenting activities of the FSU Administration during this period may be found in the following collections in this repository: the FSU President's Executive Committee Minutes and the FSU Administrative Council Minutes.
- Created: 1974-1975
- Other: Majority of material found in 28 May 1974-6 August 1975
- Florida State University. Vice Presidents Executive Group (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
To request permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from the archives, please contact Heritage & University Archives, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, Florida. Researchers must obtain separate permission from the copyright holders of material held within University Archives collections for which the institution does not hold copyright.
Biographical or Historical Information
With the exception of these records, it cannot be determined whether the Florida State University (FSU) Vice Presidents Executive Group existed in any period other than the mid 1970s. At that time, the Committee was composed of J. Stanley Marshall, University President; Bernard F. Sliger, Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer; Stephen D. McClellan, Vice President for University Relations; Joe H. Hiett, Vice President for Educational Services; Edwin J. Bass, Assistant Vice President and Chief Student Affairs Officer; Homer S. Fisher, Associate Executive Vice President; Marshall Hamilton, Dean of Student Matriculation Affairs; and Patrick W. Hogan, Director of University Relations.
The FSU Vice Presidents Executive Group usually met weekly during the academic year and discussed matters of campus-wide concern.
Language of Materials
Agendas, correspondence, memoranda, minutes, proposals documenting the discussions of the Florida State University (FSU) Vice Presidents Executive Group.
The materials are arranged chronologically.
Method of Acquisition
Cannot be determined.
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed by Burt Altman.
- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Florida State University--Presidents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University. Vice Presidents Executive Group
- Marshall, J. Stanley (James Stanley), 1923-
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Reports Subject Source: Local sources
- Sliger, Bernard F.
- Florida State University Vice Presidents Executive Group Minutes
- Burt Altman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note