Faber's Cedar Mill Collection
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of two newspapers and three photos concerning the Faber's Cedar Mill at Cedar Key, FL. The issue of the New Orleans Journal of Commerce, January 29, 1887 and the issue of the Cedar Key Commercial, June 14, 1890, both contain articles relating to the Faber interests in Cedar Key and other industries along the Florida coast. Two pictures of Faber's Cedar Mill and one picture taken January 29, 1896.
Also known as MSS 0-103.
- Created: 1887-1896
- Other: Date acquired: 04/16/1956
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Language of Materials
Mrs. Faber was Vice President-Public Relations, Eberhard Faber Pencil Company, Brooklyn, NY.
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Julia T. Faber
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed May 18, 1964.
- Business enterprises--Florida--Cedar Key Subject Source: Local sources
- Cedar Key (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cedar Key (Fla.)--Commercial
- Cedar Key (Fla.)--Newspapers Subject Source: Local sources
- Corporations--Florida--Cedar Key Subject Source: Local sources
- Eberhard Faber (Firm)
- Faber's Cedar Mill (Cedar Key, Fla.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Levy County (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Mills and mill work--Florida Subject Source: Local sources
- New Orleans Journal of Commerce
- Newspapers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pencil industry--Florida Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Faber's Cedar Mill Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US