Florida State University Department of Art History records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of records of the FSU Art History Department from 1979-1985 and exhibition brochures and information for the Ringling and Appleton museums of art from 1993-2002. Department records include memoranda and reports pertaining to minority recruiting, graduate students and finances, as well as a collection of vita of department professors. There are also two posters that advertise the graduate program in art history, circa 2000.
- Created: 1979-2002
- Created: Majority of material found in 1985, 1993-2002
- Other: Date acquired: 09/01/2007
- Department of Art History (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to research.
Conditions Governing Use
To request permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from the archives, please contact Heritage & University Archives, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, Florida. Researchers must obtain separate permission from the copyright holders of material held within University Archives collections for which the institution does not hold copyright.
Language of Materials
Arranged by record type.
Source of Acquisition
Dr. Richard Emmerson
Processed by Adrienne Serra, Sept. 2010.
- Announcements Subject Source: Lctgm
- Appleton Museum of Art (Ocala, Fla.)
- Art--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Calendars Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Departmental Records Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Posters. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Local sources
- Résumés (Employment) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ringling Museum
- Florida State University Department of Art History records
- Adrienne Serra
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description