Florida Promotional and Historical Materials
Scope and Contents
Advertisements for land, goods, and services in Florida. Specific locations include Duval, Flagler, Leon, Manatee, Marion, and Putnam Counties. Also known as MSS 0-113
Majority of materials from this collection have been digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library.
- Created: 1838-1912
- Other: Date acquired: 10/04/1954
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by Florida State University. All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Purchased from Warshaw-Americana, 752 West End Avenue, New York, NY by Louise Richardson.
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed August 1967.
- Citrus fruit industry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Duval County (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Flagler County (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- J.S. Lester Plantation (Fla.)
- Leon County (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lester, Robert E.
- Manatee County (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Marion County (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Putnam County (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Real estate development--Florida--History. Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida Promotional and Historical Materials
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US