Gamble Family Papers
Scope and Contents
Biographical information, extracts from the journal of Major Robert Gamble, plantation record book, and "Gambles Hill: a Rebirth of and Elegant Richmond" by Vera Palmer.
Select materials from the Gamble Family Papers have been digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library.
- Created: 1818-1853, 1898, 1962
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Processed March 1979
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Gamble family Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gamble, Robert, 1813-1906
- Leon County (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plantations--Florida Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plantations--Southern States Subject Source: Local sources
- Gamble Family Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US