Robert Frost Letter
Scope and Contents
This collection contains a typed copy of a letter by Faith Williams, a student at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, dated July 13, 1953, to Robert Frost, and his reply which is undated. In her letter of July 13, 1953, Faith Williams asked questions of Robert Frost about his poem, "Mending Wall." The answers given by Robert Frost in his reply are very enlightening about the poem under discussion and instructive as to interpretation of poetry in general.
- Other: Majority of material found in 1953
- Other: Date acquired: 03/19/1965
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Olive Cross
Processed April, 1965
- Authors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Letters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Poets Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robert Frost Letters
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description