Fallschase Development Reference Files
Scope and Contents
The Fallschase Development Reference Files includes newspaper articles which documented the Fallschase development process; agreements and other legal materials; minutes from public meetings held in 2005 and 2006; Fallschase development proposals, maps/surveys of the land of the proposed Fallschase community; memorandums to and from the Board of County Commissions; correspondence to and from Robert Rackleff and other Leon County commissioners.
- created: 1974-2007
- Other: Majority of material found in 2004-2007
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright has not been transferred to the Florida State University Libraries. All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Located in northeastern Tallahassee, Fallschase is a mixed-use development of AIG Baker, an Alabama-based residential and commercial development company. The Fallschase community consists of retail, office, and residential dwellings with approximately 1,500 single family homes. Planning for Fallschase began in the early 1970's when development zoning was approved and an initial proposed construction start date (1979) was proposed. However, due to lawsuits, environmental concerns, financial issues, and development ownership changes, construction didn't begin until 2007.
1.20 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Materials donated by Nicholas Gallardo, who used them as background material for interviewing Rackleff.
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed by Mark Gangl in May 2009
- Rackleff, Robert B. (Person)
- Alam, Parwez (Person)
- Apgar, Robert (Person)
- Bailey, Lamar E. (Person)
- Bateman, Fredrick (Person)
- Carlson, Ron (Person)
- Thiele, Herbert W.A. (Person)
- Thaell, Cliff (Person)
- Fallschase Land Company (Organization)
- AIG Baker (Organization)
- Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Dept. (Organization)
Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Legal documents.
- Land use--Florida--Leon County
- Land use--Florida--Leon County--Planning
- Land use--Florida--Tallahassee--Planning
- Leon County (Fla.)--Politics and government
- Leon County (Fla.). Board of County Commissioners
- Tallahassee (Fla.) Dwellings
- Fallschase Development Reference Files
- Mark Gangl
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note