W.F. Barr Civil War letter
Scope and Contents
Photostat of a letter written August 21, 1861, by W.F. Barr at C.H., Culpepper, Virginia to S. Bleckley Esq. in Anderson, South Carolina. He wrote from the Confederate Hospital that he and "several others of our Regiment" were confined with measles. He gave as his location: "We are now encamped six miles north of where we were when Mr. Hammond was here at a place called Germantown..." Others mentioned in the letter were: Tom Bagwell, Jacob Maudlin, Mrs. Hubbard, B.A. McAlster, Jas. Sloan, and A.O.N. Call.
- Created: 1861 August 21
- Other: Majority of material found in 1861 August 21
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
1.00 folders (1 folder)
0.00 Linear Feet (0 linear feet)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Source of acquisition and date recieved by FSU Libraries is unknown.
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed Feburary 1965.
- Barr, William F.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photocopying. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- W.F. Barr Civil War letter
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description