John D. Griffin papers
This collection relates to John D. Griffin, a World War II memorabilia collector who assembled this collection. This collection contains letters and documents related to a German soldier who was killed in action on the Russian front in 1943, German death notice cards, Japanese propaganda, Honorable Discharge forms and certificates, Pretzel, Gillepsie and Stouffer letters discussing their time in China, the initiation of the Pretzel Stouffer Law Firm, and photographs at the China House in Chongqing, China.
- Other: Date acquired: 09/06/2019
Language of Materials
English, German and Japanese
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
1 folders (1 accordion-style folder containing 5 individual folders)
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
- Chongqing (China) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military Discharge--United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Eastern Front Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Propaganda Subject Source: Lcnaf
- John D. Griffin papers
- Beatrice Dain
- September 24, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- English, German, Japanese