Harry E. Neff collection
Scope and Contents
This collection relates to Harry E. Neff who served during World War I and World War II. Harry E. Neff served as a Machine Operator for the 844th Aviation Engineer Battalion at March Field, California during World War II. This collection includes letters written by Neff to Dixie Johnson who resided in Chicago, Illinios.
- Other: Date accessioned: 2019-10-30
- Neff, Harry E., 1898-1964 (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical / Historical
Harry E. Neff was born on August 28, 1898 in Logansport Indiana. Neff served in World War I in the United States Marine Corps. After World War I, he later served as an enlisted man in the U.S. Army Air Force as a Private with the 844th Engineer Aviation Battalion as a machine operator. He was honorably discharged Febuary 12, 1943 at March Field in Riverside, California. After the war, Neff worked for Ford Motor Company in Chicago Illinois. Harry E. Neff passed away on August 5, 1964 at St. Anne Township Cemetary, Illinois.
.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
- Chicago (Ill.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson Barracks (Saint Louis, Mo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- March Air Force Base (Calif.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Military engineering Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military engineers--United States--Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- Southern California Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Air Force--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Engineering and construction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Harry E. Neff collection
- Richard Vetter
- November 6, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US