Joseph Hrabovsky collection
Scope and Contents
This collection relates to Joseph Hrabovsky who served with the 1524th Quartermaster Laundry. Joseph Hrabovksy received quartermaster training in Camp Lee, VA before being assigned to the occupation of Japan. This collection contains a Camp Lee Quartermaster Training Pamphlet, a photograph collection of Japan and Korea, and other documents including a timeline of Joseph Hrabovksy's service in Japan.
- Other: Date accessioned: 2011-06-16
- Hrabovsky, Joseph, 1912-2001 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to the public.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical / Historical
Joseph Hrabovksy was born on March 15, 1912 in Pennsylvania. He met his wife, Helen Ann, in 1932 and started a curtain cleaning business. Hrabovsky was drafted in 1944 and trained as a quartermaster at Camp Lee, VA. Hrabovsky was sent to the Pacific Theater for the occupation of Japan after the war. He served as as Military Police in Japan and a Korean POW camp. He returned to the curtain cleaners after his return in 1946. Hrabovsky and his wife Helen Ann passed on April 8, 2001 and are buried in Woodlawn Cemetery, Forest Park Illinois.
.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was donated by the nephew of Joseph Hrabovsky, Joseph Vonasek.
- Japan--History--Allied occupation, 1945-1952 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Korea--History--1945- Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Okinawa Island (Japan) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Quartermaster Corps--History Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Joseph Hrabovsky collection
- Tyler S. Linton
- November 1, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description