Alan and Rita Wold collection
This collection relates to Alan and Rita Wold. Alan served as a Staff Sergeant with Company F, 60th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division in the European Theater during World War II. He received the Bronze Star Medal, Combat Infantryman Badge, and Silver Star Medal. Rita Wold attended high school in Cleveland, Ohio during the war. The collection contains photographs, military documents, personal documents, marriage papers, and medals.
- Other: Date accessioned: 2019-12-20
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all reseachers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical / Historical
Alan Wold was born Abraham S. Wold on August 28, 1924 in Cleveland, OH. His wife, Rita Fay Field, was born in Cleveland, OH on November 25, 1929. Alan graduated John Adams High School, Cleveland, OH in 1942. He entered service in the U.S. Army on March 16, 1943 at Camp Perry, OH. He served as a Staff Sergeant with the 9th Infantry Division in the U.S. and Europe. He was discharged on February 11, 1946 and returned to Cleveland, OH. He married Rita on November 27, 1949 at Oheb Zedek Temple, Cleveland, OH by Rabbi Louis Engelberg who served as a Chaplain in the U.S. Army during World War II. Alan passed away on August 8, 2010 in Tallahassee, FL and is interred at Fred Hunter's Hollywood Memorial Gardens, West Hollywood, FL with Rita who passed away August 13, 2013.
1.75 Linear Feet (Custom container [17d, 4h, 21w inches])
Language of Materials
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
- Cleveland (Ohio) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Engelberg, Louis, Rabbi, 1910-1997
- Jewish soldiers--United States Subject Source: Local sources
- Silver Star Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 9th
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Europe Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Participation, Jewish Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Alan and Rita Wold collection
- Shannon Thomas
- January 15, 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description