Richard E. Anderson papers
Scope and Contents
This collection relates to Private First Class Richard E. Anderson who served with Company L, 381st Infantry Regiment, 96th Infantry Division, during World War II in the Philippine Islands and Okinawa. The collection includes a letter, memoir, and newspaper clippings.
- Created: 1944-1946
- Other: Date acquired: 2018-05-21
- Anderson, Richard E., 1924-2002 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Richard E. Anderson was born in Omaha, Nebraska on August 25, 1924. He served with the 96th Infantry Division during World War II in the Pacific Theater. Anderson entered his first combat in an assault landing in Leyte Gulf, Philippine Islands, between Tanauan and Dulag, on October 20, 1944. Anderson also participated in the Okinawa campaign and landing during the first day on April 1, 1944. He was discharged in 1946. Anderson passed away on September 20, 2002, in Omaha, Nebraska.
Language of Materials
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
Source of Acquisition
Robert A. Paterson (Cousin of Richard E. Anderson)
- Leyte (Philippines) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Omaha (Neb.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. 96th Infantry Division
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 96th
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Japan--Okinawa Island Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Philippines Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Richard E. Anderson papers
- Michael G. Kasper
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note