George H. Rosenfield collection
This collection relates to George H. Rosenfield who served in the 10th Mountain Division and 85th Infantry Regiment in the European Theater of Operations in Italy during World War II. This collection includes his 18-page, self-published memoir where he recounts his training at Camp Hale and combat in the North Apennines, Alps, and Po Valley. This collection also includes a veteran questionnaire about George H. Rosenfield.
- Event: 1943-1946
- Publication: February 2000
- Other: Date accessioned: 2020-12-01
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical / Historical
George H. Rosenfield was born in Boston, MA on October 16, 1925. He studied forestry at Massachusetts State College. Rosenfield was drafted in December 1943 and reported for duty in January 1944. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado. He was assigned to Company E, 2nd Battalion, 85th Infantry Regiment. Rosenfield was stationed at Camp Hale, Colo., Camp Swift, Tex., and in Italy. He served in combat in the North Apennines of Italy and Po Valley. He later served 5 years as a Regular Army Engineer Officer and served 13 months in Korea, from the Pusan breakout to construction of the conference camp at Panmunjom. He holds a Master’s degree from New York State College, and a Bachelor’s degree from University of Massachusetts.
1 folders (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish soldiers--United States Subject Source: Local sources
- Korean War, 1950-1953 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 85th
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945, War dead Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Italy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Italy--Po River Valley Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- George H. Rosenfield collection
- Beatrice Dain
- December 2, 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description