Marvin McArthur collection
This collection pertains to Marvin McArthur and his service in the Army during World War II in the Pacific Theatre of Operation. The collection contains a copy of a letter written by Marvin to his parents while he was stationed at Mindoro in the Philippines. He speaks of his duties on the island including policing items and digging up soldier's bodies to bring back to the states.
- November 21, 1945
- Other: Date accessioned: 2008-07-22
- McArthur, Marvin, 1924-1990 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical / Historical
Marvin McArthur was born on April 24, 1924 in Bay Saint Luis, Mississippi. He served at the Pacific Theatre in the Philippines in World War II. He was part of the 96th Infantry Division. McArthur married Hilda Bosarge in 1946 and they had two daughters. McArthur passed away on January 21, 1990 and is buried in Bayou Caddy Cemetery in Hancock County, Mississippi.
1 folders (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was gifted by Kay Rice.
- Letters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mindoro Occidental (Philippines) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers' bodies, Disposition of. Subject Source: Lcnaf
- United States. Army--Military life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 96th
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marvin McArthur collection
- Sara Canon
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note