Florida State University Faculty Mother's Club
Scope and Contents
Includes a booklet describing the history of the club and the minutes of meetings, a letter from a club member, and an album of photographs taken by Professor Eva Mae Atwood.
- Created: 1977-1987
Conditions Governing Access
To request permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from the archives, please contact Heritage & University Archives, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, Florida. Researchers must obtain separate permission from the copyright holders of material held within University Archives collections for which the institution does not hold copyright.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
The Faculty Mother's Club had its early beginning while Florida State University was still a women's institution, probably in the early 1940s. The Club was most likely founded by the mother of Mary Elizabeth Thomas, History Professor, and five other mothers. Membership was based on parentship of a faculty member at the University. It was basically a social club, created to bring people together and make new friends.
0.50 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Acquired in December 1990
- Atwood, Eva Mae
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Florida State University. Faculty Mother's Club
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Faculty Mother's Club
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note