Francis P. Rondinone Jr. papers
Scope and Contents
The bulk of this collection consists of log transcriptions of the missions in which Francis P. Rondinone participated. Rondinone was a staff sergeant in the 8th Air Force where he worked as a B-24 Flight Engineer. The log entries cover information such as date, mission purpose, flying time and place. The file also includes a picture of Rondinone in uniform, a scan of his Certificate of Valor, photocopies of documents regarding his Honorable Discharge certificate, his obituary and two poems of unknown authorship related to his squadron.
- Other: Majority of material found within 1943-1944
- Other: Date acquired: 03/27/2008
- Other: Date accessioned: 2020-06-09
- Rondinone, Francis P., Jr. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Francis P. Rondinone was born on October 3, 1921, in Wethersfield, CT. He became a Staff Sergeant in the 852nd Bombardment Squadron of the 8th Air Force where he served as a flight engineer. On his missions, he flew mainly over France and Germany, but also over Brazil, West and North Africa, and England. Rondinone was honorably discharged on October 26, 1945, and passed away on January 10, 2014, in Los Angeles, CA.
Language of Materials
This collection was donated by Susan Lapham. The collection was acquired by the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience on March 27, 2008.
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
Revised 08/25/2017 by Alberto Miguel Pérez-Rueda
- Airplanes, Military--United States--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Air Force. Corp. 8
- World War, 1939-1945--Aerial operations, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Aerial operations, German Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Africa, North Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Great Britain Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Francis P. Rondinone Jr. papers
- Alberto Miguel Pérez-Rueda
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description