Leon J. Gwiazdowski papers
Scope and Contents
Leon J. Gwiazdowski served as a U.S. Army engineer in the Pacific Theater with the 340th Engineers during World War II. His collection includes letters written between Gwiazdowski and his family, as well as other documents relating to his time in the military.
- Other: Majority of material found within 1942-1945
- Other: Date acquired: 09/29/2014
- Other: Date accessioned: 2020-05-06
- Gwiazdowski, Leon J. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Leon J. Gwiazdowski was born on June 27, 1915, in Linden, New Jersey. He served as a sergeant in the Pacific with the 340th Engineers in the Pacific, including the Philippines. He passed away on December 9, 2000.
.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
This collection was donated by Nancy A. Klein. The collection was acquired by the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience on September 29, 2014.
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
- Fort Lewis (Wash.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military engineers--United States--Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- Military engineers--United States--History--20th century Subject Source: Local sources
- United States. Army
- United States. Army. 340th Engineers
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Philippines Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Philippines--Luzon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Engineering and construction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Leon J. Gwiazdowski papers
- Allyson Gates
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US