John D. Gray letter
Scope and Contents
This item is an original letter bearing the signature of John D. Gray, Tallahassee, Florida, March 24, 1836, addressed to Philip Ford. The letter discussed "End Plates" and "Spikes;" evidently to be used in the construction of the St. Joseph-Lake Wimico Railroad, the first railroad built in Florida.
- Other: Majority of material found in 1836
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Louis C. Karpinski
- Construction projects Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Letters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads--Florida--Archival resources. Subject Source: Local sources
- John D. Gray letter
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description