Store account books
Scope and Contents
Two account books which record purchases of dry goods, food, seed, wagons, and guano (fertilizer). There are indications from accounts carried forward that earlier and later account books existed. There is no evidence of ownership; because of the locations of the accounts near Metcalfe, Georgia or just over the Leon County, Florida line, there may have been a country store in business at the time.
Includes accounts for L. E. Bradley, T. P. Strickland, Henry Vickers, Springwood Plantation owned by Percy Chubb, Elsoma Plantation owned by C. Merrill Chapin, Norias Hunting Club, Pebble Hill Plantation owned by Elizabeth Ireland Poe, Friendship Church in Metcalfe, Colored School in Metcalfe, Ross Hill School, and Maloy Plantation.
- Created: 1929-1939
- Other: Date acquired: 06/25/1976
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
anonymous book drop
Processed February 1986
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bradley, L. E.
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- General stores. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Georgia Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Leon County (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Store account books
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note