William F. Hankins Collection
Scope and Contents
Biographical sketch of William Hankins; current and historical materials relating to the economic development of Florida; holograph notes; 68-page holograph looseleaf book listing names and addresses and pertinent information about sawmills in Florida; group of 61 pictures of timberlands and sawmills in South Florida, some aerial topographic; holograph and photocopies of holograph maps of 23 Florida counties consisting of 403 sheets, some colored; Edison flat discs relating to timber and lumber industry in Florida; clippings from newspapers and 'The Southern Lumber Journal' relating to forests, sawmills and equipments for sawmills in Florida; description and history of river boats in Florida with names of their captains, and 12 books relating to forestry, timberlands and sawmills in Florida.
- Created: 1923-1965
- Other: Date acquired: 11/24/1969
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by Florida State University. All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Mary E. Hankins
Processed December 1969
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lumber trade--Florida Subject Source: Local sources
- North Carolina Pine Association
- River boats Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sawmills--Equipment and supplies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- William F. Hankins Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description