Historical Papers of Massachusetts and Alabama
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of the following:
1. 1620-1646. Prospectus (broadside) "Of Plimoth Plantation," by William Bradford, Governor, who wrote a detailed history of the early years of Plymouth Colony. He covers in great detail everything that happened from the landing of the Mayflower in December, 1620, through the year 1646.
2. 1804. Newspaper. 'New England Palladium,' Boston, Tuesday, November 27, 1804. No. 43, Vol. 24. The four-page issue is a good example of a New England newspaper format of the period.
3. 1840. Alabama. U.S.A. Land Grant No. 12009. Signed by Martin Van Buren, President, and issued to Allen Masengale of Madison County, Alabama. It covers land in the Huntsville, Alabama district. (Missing as of 1/27/2021)
- Created: 1620-1840
- Created: Majority of material found in 1620-1646, 1804, 1840
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1965
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Gift by Richard W. Rahn
Processed August 1967
- Alabama Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Broadsides. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Massachusetts Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Newspapers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historical Papers of Massachusetts and Alabama
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description