Florida State University ETD Form Files
Scope and Contents
These forms include the Research Approval Form, Outside Committee Member Report (also called University Representative Doctoral Defense Reports), Final Degree Clearance Form, Student Information Form, ETD Access Agreement Form, and Signature Page.
- Created: 1972-
Conditions Governing Access
Since these records are covered by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), they are not open to the public without permission.
Conditions Governing Use
To request permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from the archives, please contact Heritage & University Archives, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, Florida. Researchers must obtain separate permission from the copyright holders of material held within University Archives collections for which the institution does not hold copyright.
Biographical or Historical Information
Beginning in 2003, Florida State University graduate students were required to submit Masters Theses, Doctoral Dissertations, and Doctoral Treatises electronically, and the FSU Graduate School began archiving these ETD forms and documentation.
Language of Materials
The ETD Forms are arranged first, chronologically by semester, then by record type. Within the folders, all forms are arranged alphabetically by student; only the Final Degree Clearance Form folders are arranged by college, then by last name of student.
Upon graduation each semester, the FSU Manuscript Clearance Advisor scans in all ETD forms and documentation into PDF format. The PDF copies of these forms are uploaded to the Graduate School Office Shared Drive.
Method of Acquisition
Jack Tyndall, Florida State University (FSU) Graduate School Manuscript Clearance Advisor, transferred the Electronic Dissertation and Thesis (ETD) Form Files to Special Collections in Spring 2009.
The first accession of ETD forms were processed in May 2009 by Burt Altman. Accruals are sent to Special Collections periodically.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Florida State University--Dissertations Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University--Graduate students Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University. Graduate School Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal documents. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University ETD Form Files
- Burt Altman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description