Wakulla Plantation records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of the accounting books of the Wakulla Plantation. The two items are in poor condition and incomplete. The account book dated 1891-1901. The Epping Hanserd & Co. account, dated 1866, is legible but the bottom part of the page has been torn off. However, there is a Tax Return for 1895, and the other legible papers appear to be individual accounts with various persons. The items listed in the accounts are such as would be listed by the keeper of a commissary. The name "Rehwinkle" also appears in the document, possible as the name of the plantation.
Materials from this collection are digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library.
- Created: 1891-1901
- Other: Date acquired: 07/25/1956
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
2.00 items (1 folder.)
0 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Campus mail envelope in which items were kept shows the name of Professor N. K. Pyburn, 205 Education, but positive source of acquisition not indicated.
Processed March 4, 1964
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Plantations--Florida Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wakulla County (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Wakulla Plantation records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note