Isle de France (Mauritius) Voyage Report
Scope and Contents
Undated manuscript document in French which is a report by Captain Plapin of Marseille, France, who was captain of a freighter plying between the Isle de France and India, in which he gives considerable details of an incident which occurred while on a voyage.
Also known as MSS 0-147.
- Created: circa 1750
- Other: Date acquired: 09/01/1956
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Olin F. Norwood
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed July 6, 1964
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mauritius--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Local sources
- Ship captains--France--Travel Subject Source: Local sources
- Voyages and travels. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Isle de France (Mauritius) Voyage Report
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description