Letters and Documents Pertaining to Land and Land Grants in the Tallahassee Area
Scope and Contents
Typed copies of letters and documents originating in Tallahassee, Leon County and Newnansville, Alachua County, Florida, and Paris, France pertain to land grants of General Lafayette and "grant land for the seat of government in the territory of Florida.
- Created: 1825-1857
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
The original documents were created shortly after Florida became a territory of the United States in 1822.
1.00 folders (1 folder.)
Language of Materials
Processed August 14, 1964.
- Adams, John Quincy, 1767-1848.
- Alachua County (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Leon County (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History Subject Source: Local sources
- Letters and Documents Pertaining to Land and Land Grants in the Tallahassee Area
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US