Katherine Wallick Ikebana Collection
Scope and Contents
26 items, including books, serials, and manuscripts about Ikebana,the art of Japanese floral arrangement. The manuscripts include 3 flower arrangement note books kept by Katherine Wallick at various workshops from 1970-1972 and a yearbook of the Virginia Peninsula Chapter of Ikebana International from 1972-1973. The serials include 27 issues of the Ikebana International magazine.
- Created: 1955-1984
- Other: Date acquired: 04/26/0006
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright has not been transferred to the Florida State University Libraries. All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Katherine Wallick's maiden name is Katherine Haralson. She was married in 1943 to Harry Wallick who was a former pilot in active duty from 1942-1946. She served as a treasurer at the Virginia Peninsula Chapter of Ikebana International from 1972-1973. She took workshops in 1970 with instructor Ellie O'Brien for Japanese flower arrangement and finished arrangements during the workshop. She also learned Japanese flower arrangement from instructor Jackie Kramer of Holland.
2.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Arranged by record type: Books, by author; Serials, chronological.
Method of Acquisition
Donated by Harry and Katherine Wallick, Tallahassee. Date Received: 4/26/06.
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Accessioned by: Fang Wang. Date Processing Begun: 9/16/08.
- Allen, Ellen Gordon, 1897-
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Flower arrangement, Japanese. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Flowers--Japan. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ikebana International
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Periodicals. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Katherine Wallick Ikebana Collection
- Fang Wang
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US