L. E. Bradley Account Books
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 0-29
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of 18 holograph account books covering the years from 1927 to 1961 with some years missing.
- Created: 1927-1961
- Other: Date acquired: 07/01/1970
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
L.E. Bradley was a dealer in general merchandise and country produce. His place of business was located five miles west of Miccosukee in Leon County, Florida. L.E. Bradley Sr. built Bradley's Country Store in 1927 and operated the store until 1963 when his son Frank took over the business. To this day the store is famous for L.E. Bradley's mother's 1910 sausage recipe.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Clifton L. Paisley
Processed May 1971.
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Florida--Tallahassee Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Leon County (FL)--History Subject Source: Local sources
- Leon County (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- L. E. Bradley Account Books
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description