Dallas Wood Civil War Letter
Scope and Contents
This collection is comprised of a photostat of Wood's letter in duplicate. The letter is by Dallas Wood, Co. "K," 6th Fla. Vols, Finley's Brigade, dated Dalton, Georgia, December 25, 1863, to "Dear Sister." Dallas Wood's letter to his sister is chiefly a family letter written on Christmas day and deals only slightly with army life and the granting of furloughs. His reference to "the bloody struggle" was doubtless in anticipation of a forthcoming transfer to Virginia and Tennessee where Brig.-General Finley's Florida Infantry saw service during the following two years.
- Created: 1863
- Wood, Dallas (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
No mention of Dallas Wood was found in any of the historical materials examined, but Survey of Confederate Muster Rolls of Florida Volunteers was not included in the cursory research done.
2.00 items (1 folder)
0 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Given by Florida Division, United Daughters of the Confederacy, Tallahassee, Florida, Fenton Davis Avant, Historian
Processed February 1965
- Confederate States of America
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Soldiers--Florida. Subject Source: Local sources
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives, Confederate Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dallas Wood Civil War Letter
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note