British East, West and Territorial Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Mississippi Miscellaneous documents, letters, etc.
Scope and Contents
Documents in manuscript and three printed forms filled out in manuscript originating in British East and West Florida, Territorial Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Mississippi, dating from 1773 to 1868.
Included in this collection are materials related to territorial Florida, William Garesche, Hermitage, Tennessee, silk and silkworms, biographical materials about Andrew Jackson, British West Florida, John Stephenson, Robert Farmar Esq. and his estate, Edmund Rush Wegg, Rev. William Gordon of Mobile, King George III, Peter Chester (Governor of British West Florida), British East Florida, debt, court orders, William Drayton (Chief Justice for British East Florida), William Short, John Holmes, breach of contract, Dominica Martinico, the Recovery (a Schooner of War), Grace (a schooner), South Carolina rice, St. Augustine harbor, trade, Robert Chatherwood, St. Augustine judges, J. W. Haley, John Dollar, John Grau, Savannah, Georgia, the Commission for Draining Long Savannah, Charles Drayton, Thomas O. Cliett, J. Mathews, R. Wainright, William Stephens, Seaborne Jones Esq., Augusta, Georgia, Georgia Continental Artillery, land, Governor Houston of Georgia, Joseph Lewis, Colonel John Becker, South Carolina, Martin Armstrong, Joseph Kershaw, John Chesnut, Ely Kershaw, William Ancrum, Aron Loocock, Old English, voter depositions, Mississippi, Congress, Brandywine, Mississippi, D. M. Dickinson, Jefferson Hotel, Mississippi, W. A. Gordon and the American Civil War.
- Created: 1773-1868
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
0.00 Linear Feet (0 linear feet)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Purchased from American Book Auction
Processed April, 1965.
- Augusta (Ga.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida--History--English colony, 1763-1784 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Georgia Subject Source: Lcnaf
- McGillivray, Alexander, approximately 1740-1793
- Mississippi Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Pensacola (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- South Carolina Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Tennessee Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Territorial Florida, 1821-1845 Subject Source: Local sources
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- British East, West and Territorial Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Mississippi Miscellaneous documents, letters, etc.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description