Dorothy Dodd Gifts
Scope and Contents
The Dorothy Dodd Gifts, dated from 1903 to 1907, include three letters to H. Clay Crawford, Florida Secretary of State, from Albert W. Gilchrist, Claude L'Engle, and W.G. Robinson. Also included in the collection are printed copies of addresses given by W.W. Finley of Southern Railway Company; four items pertaining to the Florida Vegetal Development Company of South Dakota; and a statement of exports and imports through Port Inglis on the Withlacooche River, Florida.
Among the persons included in the Dorothy Dodd Gifts are Albert W. Gilchrist, Governor of Florida 1909-1913; Claude L'Engle, periodical editor; W.G. Robinson, member of Florida Republican State Central Committee; W.W. Finley, President of the Southern Railway Company; and, H. Clay Crawford, Secretary of State, Florida.
Also known as MSS 0-97.
- Created: 1903-1907
- Other: Date acquired: 11/01/1934
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Dorothy Dodd was a graduate of the Florida State College for Women. In 1941, she became the state librarian in Florida. She served as the first state archivist in Florida and was responsible for establishing a large Florida collection at the State Library. She was an active historian of the state and authored articles and books on Florida, including "Florida, the Land of Romance." Ms. Dodd died at age 92 in 1994.
12.00 items (1 Folder)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Gift of Dorothy Dodd.
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed May 15, 1964.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dodd, Dorothy, 1902-1994
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida--History--Archival resources. Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida--Politics and government--1865-1950 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gilchrist, Albert Waller, 1858-1926
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pardon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Speeches, addresses, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dorothy Dodd Gifts
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note