Florida State University President's Executive Committee Minutes
Identifier: MSS 2007-015
Scope and Contents
The Florida State University (FSU) President's Executive Committee Minutes consist of agendas, memoranda, minutes, reports, and other attachments documenting the work of this organization during the early 1970s. Some of the topics frequently discussed were academic problems of minority students, student health services, visits by Florida legislators, student residence hall issues, drug abuse and drug education, and parking and traffic regulations. James Stanley Marshall was FSU President at this time. These records document FSU campus governance and activities in the early 1970s. Materials are arranged chronologically.
- Created: April 6, 1971 - July 2, 1973
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by Florida State University. All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
The Florida State University President's Executive Committee was created during the early 1970s. According to the Faculty Handbook for that period, it was composed of the President, Executive Vice-President, the Vice Presidents for Academic Affairs, Administration, and Student Affairs; University General Counsel, Executive Assistant to the President, and Director of University Relations. The Committee met regularly at a time scheduled by the President to discuss any matters the President and the Vice Presidents wished to bring before it. By 1974, the Executive Committee no longer existed. That year, it became the Administrative Council, with a broader representation of campus administrative officials.
0.40 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Acquired from Florida State University Office of the President. Acquisition date cannot be determined.
Processed by Burt Altman in July 2007.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial Records Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Florida State University--Administration--History Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University--Administration. Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University--Presidents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University. President's Executive Committee.
- Marshall, J. Stanley (James Stanley), 1923-
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Reports Subject Source: Local sources
- Sliger, Bernard F.
- Florida State University President's Executive Committee Minutes
- Burt Altman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note