Thomas Burns Letters
Scope and Contents
This is a collection of personal letters written by Thomas Burns (76th Air Base Squadron) during World War II. Burns wrote from Hendricks Field, Sebring, Florida to Mary Donnelly in Massachusetts. He mostly wrote of his experiences and activities on the base. While the letters do not deal with Florida or World War II, they do offer a glimpse into courtship during that era and life on an air base.
- Created: 1941-1985
- Other: Majority of material found in 1941-1943
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright has not been transferred to the Florida State University Libraries.
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Thomas Burns (76th Air Base Squadron) was stationed at Hendricks Field, Sebring, Florida during World War II. He wrote to Mary Donnelly in Massachusetts, whom he eventually married.
4.00 boxes (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Charles Apfelbaum, Rare Manuscripts and Archives Watchung, NJ
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed October, 1998.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Courtship--United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Donnelly, Mary
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sebring (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army Air Forces--Military life Subject Source: Lcnaf
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Thomas Burns Letters
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note