Captain William Henry Chase Letter
Scope and Contents
This collection contains a letter from Captain William H. Chase of Pensacola, Florida, to Lieutenant A. H. Bowman, an Army Engineer, directing Bowman to make a survey of the Pensacola area to find a shorter navigation route. A partial transcript of the letter is also available.
- Other: Majority of material found in January 25, 1829
- Other: Date acquired: 02/06/1962
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
General William H. Chase was Major of Engineers, U.S.A. and was afterwards Major-General of the Confederate State Army, and president of the Georgia, Florida & Alabama Railroad, leading from Pensacola to points in Alabama.
1.00 items (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Howard H. Mott
Processed March 17, 1964.
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Pensacola (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Railroads Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Captain William Henry Chase Letter
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description