M.A. Cawthon Store advertisements
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of two printed advertisement cards of M. A. Cawthon, General Merchandise Store, and they show no date but give information evidencing that one is older than the other. One of the cards was printed with the name "M. A. Cawthon, Lake De Funiak, - Florida" with "de Funiak Springs" stamped over the original name. This card was in use between 1881 and 1883. The other card was printed with the name "M. A. Cawthon & Son, de Funiak Springs, Florida." This card was in use in 1883 and after. Both cards are unique in format and wording.
- Created: 1881-1883
- Other: Date acquired: 09/01/1967
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
2.00 items (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Miss Lucia M. Tryon, librarian, Pensacola Public Library
Processed February, 1968.
- Advertising Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Advertising--Florida Subject Source: Local sources
- De Funiak Springs (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- M.A. Cawthon Store advertisements
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US