Civil War papers of East Florida
Scope and Contents
This collection contains materials related to the Civil War in East Florida. There are letters, orders, requisitions, receipts, and other papers related to the Civil War, dating 1856-1864.
The correspondence consists of 50 letters related to various officers and the following subjects: leather for government use, fodder and horses, cotton, food stores, military supplies and transportation, teamsters, mail routes, freight, Lake City, Waldo, Palatka, Gainesville, Brandon, Micanopy, Orange Springs, Archer, Camp Milton, Sanderson, Crystal River, Clay Landing, Tampa, Baldwin, and Silver Springs.
- Created: 1856-1864
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1961
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
50.00 items (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Aquired by an exchange with dealer in Spring of 1961.
Processed March 26, 1964.
- Adams, R. J.
- Archer (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Battles Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bayport (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Buckman, T.E.
- Camp Milton (Fla.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Civil War in Florida, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Local sources
- Confederate States of America. Army. Florida Infantry Regiment, 2nd
- Dancy, Francis L.
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Gainesville (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Lake City (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Micanopy (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Pace, A. M.
- Railroads Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civil War papers of East Florida
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US