Civil War broadside
Scope and Contents
This item is a notice of authorization to receive into military service of the Confederate States, companies, battalions, or regiments within the territorial limits of Northwest Florida between the Suwannee and Choctawhatchee Rivers and 21 counties (listed) of Southern Georgia. The notice is signed by Howell Cobb, Brigadier General, Commanding District. The item is a printed page, approximately 4 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches, entitled: Head Quarters, District of Middle Florida, Quincy, January 28, 1863.
- Other: Majority of material found in January 28, 1863
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
- Broadsides. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civil War broadside
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US